How does all the five senses impact perception?December 21, 2020
Labor Statistics.December 21, 2020
An in-depth managerial analysis of a selected manager from designated organization, e.g., a corporation, company, firm or association (ideally, an organization which you have some interest in joining as an employee someday). The team will gather information about one current issue or problem the manager is facing and write a paper that provides an in-depth analysis of this issue or problem using principles learned in this class, concluding with a recommendation to the manager. This assignment challenges you to connect the real-life experiences of a business manager to the theoretical principles of management and to draw your own conclusions about how to approach problems that managers face in the business world today. Given the challenge or problem the manager is facing how might the four functions of management impact how they handle it in the organization. You will analyze this phase of the paper from the individual level of analysis. Here are the primary issues that should be addressed in the paper.
Section One: Manager Overview and Current Issue/Problem
- Who is the manager and what are their responsibilities? What is the current issue or challenge the manager is facing?
Section Two: Managerial Functions
- How might the manager utilize the four functions to solve this issue/problem?
- Planning: What planning methodologies could be used to address the challenge? Are there any stakeholders that affect the issue at hand? Is there a certain strategy being utilized?
- Organizing: Does the organizational structure assist with solving the problem? How does the organization manage change? Is the organizational culture helping or hurting the manager with the issue? How is decision making utilized by the manager?
- Leading: What specific managerial/leadership skills could assist with solving this challenge? How did the manager acquire their managerial/leadership skills? Are their specific motivational techniques that would help overcome the issue? Could teamwork be utilized more efficiently and effectively?
- Controlling: What organizational controls have been implemented to assist the manager with decisions? Could more controls be added to assist the problem?