Each student is required to review the “Video-of-the-Week”, listed in GAP for this current week. The video(s) selection is directly related to at least one of the Course Learning Outcomes (CLO’s), and presents a solution(s) to a business problem. Using your textbook, LIRN-based research, JSTOR.org, the Internet, or any other electronic journal database, research at least on stated claim, aspect, challenge, solution, opinion, etc. in the video.
You are to critically think about the solution presented and that you researched and applied critical thinking and reasoning skills to present the following (include every item in the bullet list below to potentially receive full credit):
• State a course CLO that the video relates to and how it relates to the CLO
• Discuss your initial thoughts about the solution/challenge/aspect presented in the video
• Present what you would do different in terms of the solution presented in the video
• Include the industry example demonstrating the application of your researched video
• Approximately 250 to 350 words in length (minimum of 2 paragraphs)
• Include the in-text citation in APA format to properly reference your article
Please be sure to provide justification by citing the article researched, and include the citation in the reference page of your paper.
1. Determine how people-skills and evidence-based management play a role in the development of Organizational Behavior.
2. Explain all the facets of becoming an effective manager.
3. Evaluate techniques for problem-solving, generating alternative solutions, and effective bias-free decision making.
4. Develop a working framework for the theories of motivation in the workforce, what motivational problems exist, and how they may be remedied. Value a motivational work environment
5. Assess what leadership effectiveness is and what it entails, especially in the framework of comparing and contrasting styles, while applying a methodology of improving leadership skills.
6. Evaluate the steps involved in implement teams, and develop an understanding of how teams can outperform the performance of individuals. Describe the various managerial, team, and leadership tactics to increase the creative abilities within an organization
7. Critique the various models of change discussed in class and in your course materials. Assess a plan for change initiatives within an organization, evaluate the change initiatives, and develop a strategy to incorporate change within the strategy of the organization
Why the best hire may not have the perfect resume.