1. Describe the historical context of American corrections.
2. List and briefly describe the 5 goals of corrections. Citing at least 2 sources, how
effective has U.S. Corrections been at achieving these 5 goals
3. Discuss the differences and similarities in the roles between the Pennsylvania and
4. What are the historical differences among probation, parole, and community-based
alternatives to incarceration?
5. Briefly discuss the issues involved in the administration of policies and procedures
related to corrections, probation, parole, and community-based alternatives to
6. Identify and briefly discuss 4 group treatment modalities used in prisons to attempt to
7. Discuss the role of criminal sanctions in rehabilitating offender