. Which of the following is a commonly cited
source of ineffective investigation?
Length of investigation
Poor sources of information
Poor follow-up on initial calls
All of these
22. Community policing is often exemplified by
which of the following models?
23. Which of the following is not a fundamental
assumption of the broken windows model?
Neighborhood disorder creates
Neighborhoods can give out
Police require citizen
Reactive patrol is necessary.
24. Which of the following is not a focus of
25. Community oriented policing links police
productive interaction with the
community being served.
cooperative police agencies.
efficient utilization of
optimized usage of advanced
26. Which of the following police operations
best exemplifies community oriented policing?
A sting operation where
officers pose as fences of stolen property
Creation of a well armed SWAT
team trained in hostage negotiation
Computerized data terminals
installed on the dash of all patrol cars
The hiring of bilingual
officers to patrol ethnic neighborhoods
27. What have evaluations of foot patrol
programs in New Jersey and Michigan
The crime rate went down in
foot patrol beats.
The crime rate went up in foot
Officer job satisfaction
Citizen attitudes toward the
28. The concept of hot spots of crime is most
closely associated with which model of policing?
Neighborhood oriented policing
Problem-oriented policing (POP)
29. What is Operation Ceasefire?
A problem-oriented policing
program in Boston to
get guns off the street
A community-oriented policing
program in Chicago
aimed at auto theft
A crime mapping program in Dallas
designed to plot gun crimes
A civilian review board
initiative in New
30. What is the name of the police support unit
that is responsible for investigating allegations of police misconduct?
Civilian Review Boards
31. Which of the following is not one of the
administrative problems of community policing?
Re-orienting police values
Reducing police corruption
32. According to
your text, an example of problem oriented policing would be;