The paper will be in APA format.
2. Make an outline of the paper. This outline will become the Table of Contents of your written report. The Table of Contents must include page numbers.
3. Select a minimum of 10 publications/articles as references in writing the report. You may not use your class textbook as resource material. To the extent possible, please make use of refereed research journals – a minimum of ONE such journal MUST BE USED as a source. All resources will be included on the Reference page; a separate page to be included at the end of your written report.
4. Prepare the written report. You must include an Introduction page which introduces your topic and briefly describes why you chose it; and, a Summary which follow the requirements indicated on the Research Paper Rubric. The paper must be narrative; do not use lengthy quotations or numerous bullet points in the body of the paper.
5. The body of the report must discuss your topic applied to the hospitality industry in a logical, cogent manner. This section must be your work supported by citations from published sources.
6.The paper is to be a minimumof 10 pages not including title page, table of contents, lengthy quotes, tables, or case examples. The report must be typed, doubled spaced with 1″ margins, top, bottom, left and right. Use only 12-point type with either “Times New Roman”, “Calibri” or “Century Gothic” font; other styles will not be accepted. It is critical that the paper conform to the length requirements or your grade will be impacted. See the Research Paper Rubric in Canvas® for grading.
7. Pages must be numbered; the Introduction is page 1. The introduction is preceded by the Table of Contents (see guideline 2 above). Reports should include a Title Page with title of report, your name, and the date. Following the title page you should place your Table of Contents and then the Introduction.
8. This is a research paper, so citations are a necessity. Unless the work is your own, failure to credit the source is plagiarism. If you plagiarize a work you will receive a failing (F) grade for the paper. If in doubt – ask. TurnItIn.com on the class’ Canvas® website will be used to check for plagiarism. Papers with more than a 20% use of cited material, or papers using material not cited, will be penalized. Any paper rated over 40% non-student writing by Turnitin.com will have the final grade for the paper reduced by a full letter grade for each 10%.
9. A proper bibliographical citation must include author, name of book or journal, title of article, volume and issue number, page numbers of article, publisher, and year of publication. It should be in alphabetical order