THIS IS A POWERPOINT!
PURPOSE: The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to present the best plan of action, as a leader, assigned to make a change to a problem or issue in your place of work. If you are not presently working, use information from your prelicensure experience or previous healthcare experience. You will be using the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals to align with the problem or issue that you see in your workplace or most recent place of employment. You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation and share how you will meet one of the goals in your place of work that will solve the problem or issue you have selected.
– Develop a PowerPoint slideshow consisting of 8-15 slides. Include the following.
*written speaker notes, and
*Reference slide. Do not use Voice Over recordings.
**All information needs to be written in slides and notes.
-You are required to complete the assignment using, Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.pptx” format. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.). Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
– As the leader, you have identified a problem or issue related to one of the National Patient Safety Goals 2019 created by the Joint Commission that will lead to quality improvement. You will find the National Patient Safety Goals using this link: https://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/2019_HAP_NPSGs_final2.pdf (Links to an external site.)
– Assess the problem or issue.
*State the problem/issue and
*identify three rationales (reasons) that the problem exists.
*References are used.
– Determine the people who are involved in the issue and
* explain three reasons as to how their role will contribute to the problem or issue solution.
* Identify three solutions and discuss the purpose, cost and desired outcome.
– Pick one solution to share with the director and discuss why this solution was chosen over the others. (Use a scholarly reference.)
-Make an action plan to share the solution with the director and staff.
-Summarize issue, plan and desired outcome and purpose for quality improvement on slide.
-Reflect on your learning and value of doing the assignment.
***Include written speaker notes for all slides EXCEPT TITLE SLIDE AND REFERENCE SLIDE***