Summarize what you have learned from the assigned chapters (chapter 11&12). you are asked to provide summary on the chapter readings. as many as (5) case briefings (see below for a listing of the assigned chapters and case briefings). Along with a summary, discuss your thoughts about the assigned readings. On what areas do you agree/disagree and what have you learned through the readings? This section should be at least six paragraphs in length, or an average of three paragraphs per chapter. Following is a list of websites/search engines that I suggest:
• FindLaw: I have found the FindLaw site to be the best, but I have had students who prefer one of the other three. Once you locate the FindLaw site, you may locate cases by doing a citation search, ex. “500 US 1,” or a party name search, ex. “Miranda.” The party name search is normally the best method.
• U.S. Supreme Court: Website of the United States Supreme Court; contains various facts, figures and data related to cases argued before the court.
• Cornell University Law School: Cornell University Law School’s website; dedicated to the profession and rich in legal resources.
• Google: Some opinions may be located through a simple Google search.
• Dickerson v United States 530 U.S. 428
• North Carolina v Butler 441 U.S. 369
• Maryland v Craig 497 U.S. 836
• Tennessee v Garner 471 U.S. 1
• Edwards v Arizona 451 US 477
Last but not least, in this section include a general narrative of your progress, problems, and successes. This is also an area for you to discuss anything you feel is relevant that was not covered in another section. One paragraph is sufficient.