What is the problem that the research is attempting to address?February 11, 2021
Workplace Competencies.February 11, 2021
Listening and Emotional Contagion
Answer the following questions as a discussion ?
Chapter 7: Listening does not just happen face-to-face, but also when we respond to another person in writing. Use your favorite social media outlet (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or a text discussion) and follow a couple of conversations. The conversations can be yours or interactions that others are having. Answer the following questions:
- How is the listening process (hearing through responding) as described in the text impacted by conversations held via social media?
- Copy an example of an original comment and another person’s response to the comment. What did the respondent say to indicate that they “heard” the other person’s message?
- Copy an example of an original comment and response where you perceived that the other person wasn’t “listening” to what the original poster said. What did the respondent say to make you believe that the original poster was not heard?
- Do you feel that other people are sincerely listening to you when you interact with them via social media? Why or why not?
- Be sure to include terms from the chapter to help explain your experiences “listening” via social media.
Chapter 8: Read the Psychology Today piece “Faster than a Speeding Text: “Emotional Contagion” at Work”
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-science-work/201410/faster-speeding-text-emotional-contagion-work (Links to an external site.)
Answer the following questions:
- Do you agree that “emotions are contagious”? Why or why not?
- Have you experienced a time when others’ emotions “rubbed off” on you? Explain.
- The article gives suggestions for using mood contagion to promote positive team dynamics and increase employees’ performance. What is your assessment of the suggestions? Might they be effective?
- What strategies do you use to control your emotions, despite what others around you are feeling
- Be sure to include terms from the chapter to help support your claims
Textbook References: Clear references to the textbook are required in both the original thread post and both peer responses for all course DBs.
- Textbook references should come from the chapter(s) specified in the assignment prompt and be clearly connected to your post and the assignment topic.
- Be sure and include the chapter and page number from the textbook in your posts, for example (chapter 2, 59), just as you would do for any research paper/post!
Original posts should be at least 500-600 words total and have a least 1 textbook reference from each specified chapter. You will have 2 references per original DB post.