Describe ways to educate the general public on the professional nurse’s role.January 19, 2021
Describe how medical personnel in Mexico and the United States use explanations of disease that focus on biology, individual behavior, and culture rather than on social factors.January 19, 2021
Healthcare professionals would be thrilled if individuals made decisions about what to eat based on a solid knowledge of what constitutes a “healthy diet.” Unfortunately, that is not typically the case. Many people do not know what constitutes a healthy diet. There are also those who do know but make less healthy choices for several reasons.
The food choices that people make are influenced by a variety of factors. Factor-categories include, but are not limited to, environmental cues, socioeconomic realities, cultural/religious beliefs, and the availability of foods in the community.
In a 3-page paper, written in APA format using proper spelling/grammar, address the following:
- Explain what nutrition is and why it is important.
- Describe the characteristics of a healthy diet and provide supporting examples.
- Identify at least two (2) factors (other than culture) that can impact a person’s food choices and provide a specific example for each.
- Research a culture (e.g., ethnic, religious, dietary) where specific food restrictions are dictated and address the following:
- Describe the restrictions.
- Explain how the restrictions could make it difficult for an individual to achieve a healthy diet.
- What dietary alternatives could be incorporated to overcome the dietary restrictions?
- Cite at least 3 credible references and present the resources in APA format on the References page.