Information Systems Security Recommendation.February 12, 2021
What is happening in the author’s life and how does it impact the writing of the text and what it is about?February 12, 2021
Memorandum for Managerial Accounting
The reason we use the words favorable and unfavorable when evaluating variances is made clear when we look at the closing of accounts. To see this, consider that:
- All variance accounts are closed at the end of each period (temporary accounts)
- A favorable cost variance is always a credit balance
- An unfavorable cost variance is always a debit balance
Write a one page memorandum to your instructor with three parts that answers the three following requirements. (Assume that variance accounts are closed to Cost of Goods Sold.) (Should be in the format of a memo)
- Does Cost of Goods Sold increase or decrease when closing a favorable variance? Does gross margin increase or decrease when a favorable variance is closed to Cost of Goods Sold? Explain.
- Does Cost of Goods Sold increase or decrease when closing an unfavorable variance? Does gross margin increase or decrease when an unfavorable variance is closed to Cost of Goods Sold? Explain.
- Explain the meaning of a favorable variance and an unfavorable variance.
Cite all References