Topic: Pros and Cons of the ketogenic diet
Discuss the pros and cons of the veto diet but also answer if the veto diet is a longterm beneficial way to lose weight. Or you can answer your own question throughout the essay. But generally one question needs to be researched throughout the paper. I need it to be 4 full pges doubled spaced please. I would need to have at least two sources, one primary and one secondary . I would also need a bibliography APA format please. I need the pages to be numbered in the top right corner. Please refer to material attachbcqed for more of whats needed. Thank you
- Once you’ve selected a topic, narrow your focus and write out a question that you wish to investigate. For example, if your topic is “World hunger, poverty, and over-population,” your question may be, “What can be done to relieve food shortages in impoverished areas?”
- Gather resources. Sources of information for your research paper (adapted from:
- Primary sources are original materials/information on which other research is based. These include scholarly or peer-reviewed, professional journal articles – the main type of publication in which scientific research is reported.Scholarly or peer-reviewed, professional journal articles are written by scholars or professionals who are experts in their fields. In the sciences and social sciences, they often publish research results). The Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is an example of this type of journal. There are other type of primary sources (theses, conferences, reports, patents), but for this assignment, use journals or periodicals for primary sources.
- Secondary sources analyze, evaluate, interpret, re-package, summarize, and reorganize information reported in the primary literature. These include: review journals (generally start with titles such as Annual Review of …, Advances in …, Current Opinion in …), article reviews(summarize the current literature on a specific topic), textbooks, data compilations (statistical databases, vital & health statistics, etc.), and article indexes/databases (such as MEDLINE, Embase, CINAHL).
Example of a primary source:
Crawford, C; Boyd, C; Avula, B; Wang, YH; Khan, IA; D, Patricia A. (2020) A Public Health Issue: Dietary Supplements Promoted for Brain Health and Cognitive Performance. Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine. Vol. 26 Issue 4, p265-272. 8p. 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1089/acm.2019.0447.
Example of a secondary source:
Are Supplements Safe? (Periodical) Consumer Reports on Health. Feb2020, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2-2. 1/3p.
You may also use information from professional websites. Example: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0261-dietary-supplements a professional website
USE AT LEAST ONE PRIMARY SOURCE AND ONE SECONDARY SOURCE FOR THIS PAPER. FOR THE PRIMARY SOURCES, ONLY CHOOSE ARTICLES THAT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS.
Go to: Click on “Academics,” then click on “Henry Whittemore Library.” Click: “Databases.”
Go to: Health Reference Center – Academic, or Health Source Nursing Academic Edition.
It will prompt you to log into Blackboard. Once in, use the search box and type in your topic.
For example, “Food Safety” – if you type this into the search box, you’ll one article listed is from a peer-reviewed journal:
Azanaw, J., Gebrehiwot, M. & Dagne, H. Factors associated with food safety practices among food handlers: facility-based cross-sectional study. BMC Res Notes 12, 683 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-019-4702-5
Use this type of article for your paper. Remember, only choose articles that were written within the last 5 years.
- Write a paper on your topic (5 pages is sufficient). In the introductory paragraph, include the question you investigated. In the body of the paper, provide some general information about your topic. Then provide detailed summaries of the information you gathered from each resource.
- Describe at least one other piece of information you would like to learn about your topic that was not answered by your references. How/where would you find that information? What type of source would you most likely use? Why?
- Include a brief summary, that also answers your research question.
- Use “APA format” when citing your references. Instructions for APA format are here: http://www.citationmachine.net/apa/cite-a-book
- Include a bibliography at the end of your paper, using APA format.
- Papers must be typed and double-spaced. Include page numbers on the top right.
- Excellent organization, grammar and spelling are expected.
Plagiarism will not be accepted (Please refer to: PLEASE NOTE: I POSTED A “SAMPLE RESEARCH PAPER” IN BLACKBORD.