Drug testing and health care workers
The main topic: Drug and Alcohol
Subcategories: Drug testing and health care workers
|Grading criteria||Directions: Healthcare policy impacts nursing professionals and the broader public. Regardless of where the registered nurse practices, healthcare policy is an important aspect of professional nursing and guides how nurses will practice, “amplifies the views of nursing, and educates consumers and decision makers” (American Nurses Association, n.d.).
For this assignment, you will review and analyze one of the ANA Official Position Statements
1. Select one of the ANA Official Position Statements and then select one of the subcategories (i.e. position statement: Nursing Practice; subcategory: Delegation) and
2. Turn in your selection to the comments section of this forum for approval. You may want to select two in case your first choice is taken. First selected, first choice.
3. The topic selection is due by week 2. Ask questions if you are unsure!
Below are the contents of the paper for the assignment:
· Identify the topic and the ANA Official Position
· Compare and Contrast the position with another federal, national, or global organization on the same or similar position – must show similarities and differences
· Using QSEN Competencies – Describe how the position supports at least one QSEN competency and relevant KSA’s
· Analyze the impact of the position on the nursing profession and the broader public – most important section – spend time on this!
· Discuss how a coach leader would promote this position with novice nurses.
The paper is due week 5 in the TurnItIn forum (less than 20% unoriginality) and in the grading forum
This is an APA formatted paper. A template for an APA formatted paper is on the moodle page near the APA references and information. You may use that template, but change the sections that need changing. Use the MEAL acronym for developing your paper.
APA requirements for all papers is on the moodle page near the APA references and information.
There should be at least references for the position statement, QSEN competency, the comparison organization, and at least two peer-reviewed journals for the analysis section. Do not use .com or .net websites at all