In this essay, you will consider three additional articles related to the problem of evil in theism:
• “The Absurdity of Life without God,” by Craig
• “Suffering: Richard Dawkins Contra Jesus,” by Thomas
• “The Plight of the New Atheism: A Critique” (only pages 822–823), by Habermas
While you are free to quote from sources, and you must cite at minimum the 3 above readings, quotations will not count towards the minimum word count. Your essay must address each of the questions below:
9. Compare and contrast the three readings: what are some philosophical similarities and differences
10. Can life have objective meaning without God? Defend your answer making reference (pro or con) to the reading(s).
11. Could life be “good” without objective meaning? Defend your answer making reference (pro or con) to the reading(s).
12. What effect do your conclusions regarding the problem of evil have, in your view, on the philosophical case for God’s existence? Explain how and why.