God’s Story Video Presentation
Create a 5-10-minute video of yourself communicating the Story of God. Make sure to include the 14 essential elements listed below. You should have prepared your outline for this presentation in your Gospel Communication Part 2 paper.
7.Deity (fully man–fully God)
8.Jesus’ life (person and works)
Here are some things to consider as you complete this assignment:
This is a communication class, and this is your “oral” communication assignment for the semester, so the following principles of oral communication should be considered. You will be graded more on content than delivery, but these principles of communication do affect your presentation:
• Rate of speech: Don’t talk so fast that your audience cannot understand you or so slow that your listener gets bored.
• Language and pronunciation: Make sure that you are speaking clearly and that your words are appropriate for your audience. Example: if you are speaking to someone who has no previous understanding of the gospel or church culture, don’t use complex church words like sanctification and justification.
• Inflection and tone: Don’t be that monotone professor that makes you fall asleep! Your inflection and tone communicate your excitement (or lack thereof) for the message you are communicating.
• Eye contact and facial expressions: Don’t stare at the ground or just read your story without looking up. Make eye contact with the camera. Try not to look angry. This is a story that you are (or should be) excited to share!
• Gestures: Try not to gesture so much that it is distracting, but don’t be scared to use gestures to illustrate or emphasize your point.
• You may utilize any resources to craft the way you will communicate the story, but you may not simply read or repeat someone else’s story (i.e. don’t just read the Creation to Return story from hennastories.org or S-T4T).
• You may be as creative as you would like with background or visuals to supplement the Story. Just make sure that you don’t sacrifice content for creativity!