JOBS) Act “exempted crowdfunding from the historical restrictions on private equity investments” (p. 439).
1. Do a search for crowdfunding in the Strayer library from the last two years and skim the topics that return on the search.
a. Adjust the sliders under the peer-review check box to ensure that your results are from the last two years.
b. Search for both “crowdfunding” and “crowd funding” to get a wider variety of topics.
2. Select a topic from your search and at least two peer-reviewed articles on your subject.
a. Check the Peer Reviewed box on the left side of the search results to ensure your article is peer reviewed.
3. Next, navigate to a business news website, such as Bloomberg, CNBC, or Marketplace, among others. Locate at least one article within the past 12 months related to crowdfunding on your research topic.
4. Write a 900-1200 word paper on your crowdfunding topic using your articles as research.
a. Include a concise summary of each article.
b. Explain if the writer of the business news article either supports or contradicts what the peer-reviewed articles are saying about your topic.
c. Based on your research, how do you think crowdfunding will affect traditional capital fundraising?
The format of the report is to be as follows:
• This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
• Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides, SWS format.
• Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
• In addition to the content pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date