Length: Questions 1 and 2 should be 2-3 pages each. Question 3 should be 1-1.5 pages. All answers should be double-spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins.
Marks breakdown: Questions 1 and 2, 40 marks each; question 3, 20 marks (total /100).
INSTRUCTIONS: Read carefully
Answer all of the questions. The goal of the exam is for you to show that you have learned a broad range of material from second semester. How you go about answering the questions is up to you, and we will be very open to many different approaches. The key, however, is that you must draw specifically and concretely on the course readings and lectures, and explain theories, concepts, or examples in detail.
In answering the questions, be sure to follow these criteria:
• No outside sources of any kind can be used; focus only on the course material.
• You do not need to provide references or a bibliography. Simply refer to the authors you use by name in your answer.
• Write in full sentences and paragraphs.
• In the instructions below, when you are asked to use ‘at least 3’ or ‘at least 1’ reading, each textbook chapter counts as one reading. So, for example, you could use 2 chapters from the textbook and 1 other reading as your 3 sources.
• Normal plagiarism guidelines apply to this exam. Submitting the same work as another student is one serious form of plagiarism, and any instance will be penalized severely.