Finkelman 2016 Assignment | Custom Assignment HelpJune 14, 2020
Radiative Forcing Assignment | Essay Help ServicesJune 14, 2020
- How did Antoine-Jean Gros represent Napoleon in the painting Napoleon Visiting the Plague Stricken in Jaffa?
- What is Orientalism? How did Napoleon’s expedition of 1789-1801 contributed to it? Name two artists who worked on themes driven from this new fascination.
- Discuss briefly the stylistic differences between Neoclassicism and Romanticism by giving an example for each movement.
- Romanticism was a movement that influenced not only visual arts, but also music and literature. Name one literary work of this era explaining why is it considered a great example of what Romanticism stands for.
- Why is Goya’s work, The Sleep of Reason, is an excellent example of the Romanticism era?
- How did Goya, in his painting Third of May, encouraged the viewers empathy with his countrymen?
- What are the main themes in Casper-David Friedrich paintings? Give an example of his work.
- What is the Sublime? Name one artist that excelled in this principle of the Romantic era.
- How did Courbet responded to the rejection of his three paintings submitted for the Annual Salon? How did his reaction contribute to the finding of a new art movement in France at the time?
- What was Courbet communicating to the audience by juxtaposing an older man and a young boy in the Stonebreakers? And how this artwork served as a commentary on the lower class and laborer’s situation of that period?
- How did the public and art critics receive Manet’s work?
- What was Manet’s aim by painting the controversial pastoral scene Luncheon on the Grass?
- What is Prefabricated architecture? Give an example.