Prevention scientists need to understand and keep up-to-date on current policy issues that impact families, on current policy issues being debated or decided in local, state or federal government; executive, legislative, or judicial branches of government; businesses; advocacy groups; or nonprofit organizations from a current, policy report, current policy research, or current policy podcast. Please do not read anecdotal or human interest articles to fulfill this assignment.
For this assignment, write a 3 to 4-page summary using this format:
* Title and source of the current policy report, current policy research, or current policy podcast.
* Brief summary of the report or podcast that is accurate, but does not plagiarize.
* Policy implications for families and prevention science.
* Your own reaction based upon class readings, and your personal experiences or values.
* A 200-word letter to the editor or a government official expressing your view.
Resources to be cited in additional to researched sources. **** students must read chapter 14.
* Van Ryzin, M., Kumpfer, K.L., Fasco, G. & Greenberg, M. (Eds.) (2015) – Chapter 14