Underlying purpose of Alien and Sedition ActsMarch 10, 2020
Personal Reflection on Song WritingMarch 24, 2020
- Why doesn’t the helium of a red giant immediately start fusing to heavier elements?
- Sketch a temperature- luminosity diagram, label the axes, and point out the location of red giants.
- What is the relation of novae and white dwarfs?
- What are the physical differences between type Ia and type II supernovae, in terms of kinds of stars that explode and their explosion mechanisms?
- Describe what we mean when we say that time slows down near a black hole.
- If the sun suddenly became a black hole (it won’t!), would the orbits of planets in our solar system be affected?
- Is it possible to detect a black hole that is not part of a binary system, or is not surrounded by stars and gas in a galaxy? How?
- What is the leading explanation for the formation of long-duration gamma-ray burts?