Module 2 Project
1. Create, edit, save and print a document.
2. Apply basic formatting to a document.
3. Create, insert, and modify graphics, ClipArt, and other visual elements.
4. Create, edit, modify and format Tables and Charts.
5. Create a document using a Template.
6. Create a Newsletter using advanced formatting, including columns, inserting graphic
objects and image editing.
Ms. Chavez has asked you to create a Newsletter for Move NOW! using Microsoft Word.
Additionally, she has asked that you create a new Logo for the business and to use it in the
Newsletter. She would like you to write up a summary of sales for the last month, including a
chart showing the sales data for the Newsletter.
• Create a Logo using Word for Move NOW!
o In this Module, you learned several ways to make “art” in Word. You may use
whatever Word tools you wish, but the shapes are very useful in getting started
on the Logo. The logo simply needs to have the name of the business and an
image or shape of some type (depicting real estate). Create the logo first, save
the file, and then move it into the Newsletter file.
• Create a Newsletter using Template for Move NOW!
o To create the Newsletter, use a Template in Word to get started. It can then be
modified any way you wish. You can simply copy and paste the logo into the
Newsletter and resize.
• Create a Chart for the Newsletter based on real estate Sales for the past month
• For the sales data for the past month: You get to choose how many houses were sold in
the past month, and the number of houses in each price range. Use the following price
ranges for grouping your sales.
o Below $200,000
o $200,000 – 400,000
o $400,000 – 600,000
o $600,000 – 800,000
o Over $800,000
• Write a paragraph about Move NOW!
o Simply write a paragraph about the company. For topic ideas, look online at real
estate business newsletters. It does not have to be real information, but it does
need to be tailored for Move NOW!.
Upload your completed Newsletter to the Dropbox for Module 1.
Ms. Chavez is looking forward to the first of many Newsletters for Move NOW!.