The title is: A Systematic Literature Review about Drug Shortages in the Canadian Hospital’s Pharmacy Supply Chain
Generally the paper will be divided in some subtitles such as:
Drug shortages; hospital pharmacy, inventory management, supply chain, critical factors to consider in the hospital pharmacy supply chain; the characterization of the hospital’s pharmacy supply chain; and the hospitals’ pharmaceutical inventory management system, methodology, findings, results, discussion, recommendations or future works, conclusion, then references. (in the paper you can make small comparatives between the hospital pharmacy supply chain and the pharmaceutical supply chain industry in general and show how they are similar or different).
Some KEY WORDS like: drug shortages, Canadian hospital pharmacy, inventory management, supply chain, and SLR as a methodology.
The Research Questions that have to be covered and answered in this research paper:
• What are the main current challenges and characterization of Quebec hospital’s pharmacy supply chain and how do these contribute to drug shortage?
• What are the significant factors to consider in the hospital pharmacy supply chain?.
• What is the current hospitals’ pharmaceutical inventory management system?
Research Objective: as the objectives and methodology will give this paper a scientific contribution, so please always explain, elaborate and justify.
• To determine the characterization of the hospital’s pharmacy supply chain and drug shortage. (Diagrams and figures to illustrate the discussion). Does each hospital have the same characterization or not, please explain and elaborate. What is the best characterization that we can propose?, please justify
• To identify the most critical factors to consider in the hospital’s pharmacy supply chain design. (Diagrams and figures to illustrate the discussion). (please indicate all the factors that are affecting the drug shortages and point out the most four or five critical factors, and justify that, and in this section, please draw a table or a diagram or graph showing each article and its factors. What are the solutions that have been done, and can we propose some solutions, please justify
For example, the table can contain the following:
Article’s title, Factors, Effect, Solution etc, and you can start from the top significant factors to the least.
• To investigate the hospitals’ pharmaceutical inventory management system. (Diagrams and figures to illustrate the discussion). Are the hospitals have the same system or not, please explain and elaborate. What is the best system that we can propose?
What we are looking for eventually, for example, the SLR will provide a platform for not only discussion, planning and action to facilitate the management of present challenges and foresight of future problems in Quebec, Canada and the world at large. More subtly, the findings will help Quebec hospital reduce the total operating costs and unmet demands simultaneously as both the first and second objective functions. Additionally, it would help in making different strategic decisions regarding hospital pharmacies or either pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution centers.
Among others the article needs to outline in detail the scientific methodology followed, communicate and show contributions from this research work. Draw a flow chart or diagram for the methodology steps, and how they will target the objectives, please explain, elaborate and justify.
Please provide the references for the factors, effects and solutions that are mentioned, what precisely is extracted from each article you refer to, how this is coded into a specific category or another, and the SLR results validated?
Please notice when performing the SLR and opening that research to other geographies and jurisdictions perhaps you will find out different situations about drug shortage? Could there be markets with fewer issues about drug shortage, what are the characteristics of those markets, geography or jurisdictions versus Canada?
In the title you use the words ‘Systematic Literature Review’, the methodology section should explain how this will be conducted, keywords, databases, years, journals and the results section provide results against this methodology, how many hits, what was retained and excluded, why, etc… In the discussion section I would expect to see among others gaps and opportunities for original research contributions highlighted, and a plan exposed about future research aimed at addressing this, in whole or in part.
In the references sections, please provide at least 50 references, and the majority of them have to be up to date and from journal papers.