• Analyze the rise of chronic disease in developing countries
• Analyze the resurgence of infectious disease in developing countries
• Summarize the effects of chronic and infectious diseases on population-based health in the United States
In this written assignment, you will learn about chronic and communicable (infectious) disease rates in developing countries as compared to developed countries and the relationship to population-based nursing.
• A two- to three-page (500- to 750-word) paper
• Read the data set handouts.
Read the following data sets provided by the World Health Organization.
• Indonesia (developing country)
• Guatemala (developing country)
• United States (developed country)
• France (developed country)
• Review the data sets.
Each data set provides a profile of a country’s risk factors for, and incidence of, various chronic diseases. Information about the country’s ability to respond to chronic disease is outlined. Some information about communicable (infectious) disease rates is also presented. Note that the acronym NCD on the data set documents stands for noncommunicable disease; another term for chronic diseases.
• Summarize your findings.
Write a two- to three-page paper that:
• Compares and contrasts the following aspects of each data set:
• Percent of NCD deaths (see pie charts)
• Percent of deaths attributed to communicable (infectious) disease and maternal, perinatal, and nutritional conditions (see pie charts)
• The significance of trends for blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), blood glucose, and cholesterol levels
• The capacity of the country to respond to NCDs
• Discusses three key messages from your review of the data sets that relate to population-based nursing and:
• The incidence of chronic disease in developing countries versus developed countries
• The incidence of communicable disease in developing countries versus developed countries
• The impact of chronic and communicable disease in developing countries as compared to developed countries