Annotated bibliography IT IS BASED OFF THE 14 PAGES REPORT , SAME REFERENCES :
You must find references for your report. You
will use these to create an annotated
• Turn in Annotated Bibliography (with at least
10 references) on October 17th, for 10 points.
• What is an annotated bibliography?
– A list of references with a summary of the information
for each reference. Summary must be evaluative and
descriptive – about 200-250 words (1/2 page per
• Descriptive – you are describing what the paper was about:
how research was done, what the results were, etc.
• Evaluative – you are evaluating the quality of the paper and
the research. How is this reference relevant for you?
• NOTE – you are not just writing an abstract or
copying information from the paper! An abstract
is just descriptive
• Must by typed, turned in during class.
• Use those references that you plan to use for your
– Each student must turn one in.
– They can have the same references as others in your group
(must have different summaries)
• Must have at least 10 references, can have more if you
– Can start to find references from your manuscript.
– Must still have a copy (and read) the reference!
• A sample annotated bibliography and guidelines will be
• Your are NOT just summarizing the
information in the article/book.
• You are picking out the important parts, that
may be relevant.
• Grade is based on quality of the references
and quality of the summary.
• Books or peer reviewed articles ONLY
– No websites
– No newspaper articles
– No magazine articles
– No interviews
– No TV shows
• This is a SCIENTIFIC report!